Compete in the 11th edition of the Xel-Há Triathlon, which for the sixth consecutive year, has been selected by the Mexican Triathlon Federation as venue for the National Triathlon Championship 2019. We are very proud to welcome you to this magnificent event. Register and secure your place!
Race InformationOlympic Triathlon date: November 16th, 2019.
Sprint Triathlon, Children and Women Beginners date: November 17th, 2019.
City: Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo.
Location: Xel-Há Park, Federal Highway Chetumal-Puerto Juárez Km 240, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo.
Categories: Olympic, Sprint, Children and Women Beginners.
Scheduled starting time: 6:30 a.m. for both November 16th & 17th, 2019.
RegistrationA) General Registration: from August 20th till September 17th.
B) Red Cross Benefit Dinner: from August 7th till September 28th.
C) Special Places: from August 7th till 17th.
D) Women Beginners: from August 20th till September 17th.
Registrations can only be made on the main website www.triatlonxelha.com , by credit or debit cards (no service charge).
Important: Registration fees are non-transferable and non-refundable. Every registered participant grants the Organizing Committee the right to use his/her name and/or image in any promotional materials relating to the Sprint, Olympic, Women Beginners or Children Xel-Há Triathlon 2019.
As in previous years, the amount raised by Triathlon registrations will be donated to Flora, Fauna and Culture of Mexico, A.C., for its environmental conservation programs and the amount raised by the Red Cross Benefit Dinner will be donated to this institution.
|Category||Preferred Price (MXN) |
August 20th - September 3rd
|Regular Price (MXN) |
September 4th - 17th
|From 9 to 15 years||$824||$948|
- Commemorative T-shirt (three in relays).
- Finalist medal (three in relays).
- Swimming cap.
- Competitor numbers for the race, bike and helmet.
- Provisions during the course and finish.
- Designated place for your belongings.
- Discounts on admission to Xel-Há for the competitor and up to five companions the day of the event.
- Discounts in shops and optional activities inside Xel-Há for competitors the day of the event.
- Loan of an electronic timing chip.
- Results and finish times posted on www.triatlonxelha.com
- From August 20th till September 3rd, registrations with preferred pricing.
- From September 4th till the 17th, registrations with regular prices, until places are sold out.
B) RED CROSS BENEFIT DINNER
From August 7th till September 28th, or until places are sold out, you can register for the Xel-Há Triathlon with a contribution of $5,000 MXN (five thousand pesos) * per person, which will go entirely to the Red Cross of Quintana Roo.
The dinners will be on Saturday, 16th of November for Olympic athletes and on Sunday, 17th of November for Sprint athletes and it will be held at the park Xcaret.
This modality has LIMITED SEATING, sign up early!
Your Contribution Includes (Besides Competitor Benefits):
- The satisfaction of helping the Red Cross of Quintana Roo.
- Guarantee registration for Triathlon Xel-Há 2019 (single).
- Deductible tax receipt (in case you need it).
- Single complimentary admission to Xel-Há.
If you would like a companion to attend the Benefit Dinner with you, the cost is $1,000 MXN per person. This invitation is optional and does not include registration for the Triathlon.
*The cost of the dinner does NOT include FMTRI (Mexican Triathlon Federation) membership.
C) WOMEN BEGINNERS
This category is exclusively for women who have always dreamed of completing a triathlon and want to learn the basics to get started in this sport.
The entry fee includes:
- Registration for the triathlon in the Women Beginners category.
- Online training program for six weeks.
- Weekly advice articles that include instructions necessary to live a great day at the Triathlon.
- You must be a woman and have never competed in a triathlon.
- Have performed the online training (indispensable).
There is limited space for this category, so register in advance and do not miss your place!
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee does not include FMTRI (Mexican Triathlon Federation) membership.
D) SPECIAL PLACES
From the 7th till the 17th of August you can register for the Triathlon, if you are one of the following athletes:
- One of the first three places of each category at Xel-Há Triathlon 2018.
- One of the first three places in the National Triathlon Circuit 2018.
- 2019 National Circuit competitors who have qualified for the International Triathlon at Lausanne, Switzerland 2019.
Qualifying events: Huatulco, Teques, Veracruz, San Luis Potosi, Cozumel, Acapulco, Chapala, Xel-Há, Mexico City, Merida, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, La Paz, Valle de Bravo, Isla de Tris, Monterrey e Ixtapa.
All these Special Places can secure their place in the event, providing they register within the corresponding dates. A week prior to the opening of registrations, we will send you an email with a link so you can sign up directly online.
|9 to 11 years||IA||IN||150 m||4 km||1 km|
|12 to 13 years||IB||IO||300 m||8 km||1.5 km|
|14 to 15 years||IC||IP||400 m||10 km||2.5 km|
|Maximum Bicycle Performance|
|9 to 11 years||6.00 m|
|12 to 13 years||6.70 m|
|14 to 15 years||7.00 m|
|Women Beginners Triathlon|
|Women Beginners||400 m||10 km||2.5 km|
|16 to 17 years||JV||JF||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|18 to 24 years (College)||SA||SN||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|25 to 29 years||SB||SO||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|30 to 34 years||SC||SP||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|35 to 39 years||SD||SQ||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|40 to 44 years||SE||SR||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|45 to 49 years||SF||SS||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|50 to 54 years||SG||ST||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|55 to 59 years||SH||SU||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|60 to 64 years||SI||SV||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|65 years and older||SW||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|65 to 69 years||SJ||SW||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|70 years and older||SK||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|Relay SR1 (Mixed)||SR2||SR3||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|18 to 24 years (College )||A||N||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|25 to 29 years||B||O||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|30 to 34 years||C||P||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|35 to 39 years||D||Q||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|40 to 44 years||E||R||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|45 to 49 years||F||S||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|50 to 54 years||G||T||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|55 to 59 years||H||U||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|60 to 64 years||I||V||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|65 to 69 years||J||W||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|70 to 74 years||K||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|75 to 79 years||L||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|80 years and older||M||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|Relay R1 (Mixed)||R2||R3||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|Elite and Sub 23 Triathlon|
|Elite Sub 23||X 23||Y 23||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|Elite||X||Y||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
All RELAY OLYMPIC members must be at least 18 years of age and must present an official ID before receiving the Triathlon package. The date determining the age of the competitor is December 31st, 2019.
MEMBERSHIP IN THE MEXICAN TRIATHLON FEDERATION (FMTRI)
To participate in the event, it’s mandatory that you’re affiliated with the Mexican Triathlon Federation during the year. Thus, it is required to have your current membership valid, otherwise payment can be made at www.triatlon.com.mx. The membership is valid until December 31st, 2019.
Benefits of Membership
- Accident insurance that protects you during training and competitions.
- When receiving the hologram during the National Triathlon Circuit events you will receive the Triathlete Magazine and an FMTRI T-shirt at the Federation module.
EVENTS WITH DRAFTING ALLOWED FOR AGE GROUPS AND ELITES
The following Rules and Regulations apply:
a. Drafting with Elite athletes is not allowed.
b. Athletes that are circulating in the same group that are not in the same return of the cyclist segment are not allowed to draft.
For events with drafting, permitted bicycles must have the following characteristics:
- The frame of the bicycle must be of a traditional shape and style, made up of two triangles.
- A main triangle of three straight or tapered tubular elements which may be round, oval, or flattened, and another triangle at the rear.
- The wheels must have a diameter between 55 cm minimum and 70 cm maximum, including tires.
- Both wheels must be of the same diameter.
- The wheels must have at least 16 metal spokes for the Elite and 12 for the age groups.
- The spokes can be round, flattened or oval, provided their width does not exceed 2.4 mm.
- Wheels that do not meet the above requirements will be allowed to be used as long as they are included in the UCI list of non-standard wheels.
- The use of blades or discs is prohibited.
Handlebars and Aerobars
- Traditional cycling handlebars with a downward curve are permitted.
- Aerobars are allowed provided they do not exceed the imaginary line of the brake levers.
- There must be no free space between the left and right sides of the aerobars at their farthest point.
- Aerobars that point forward must be united at their farthest point by a bridge made of the same material.
- The brake levers must be placed on the handles, not the aerobar.
- Water bottles should never be placed on the aerobar.
The penalties for not meeting the above requirements are:
- For the first event in which prohibited equipment is used, one (1) penalty minute of the athlete’s total time will be added for the Olympic Distance and 30 seconds will be added for the Sprint Distance.
- If the athlete participates in a second event with prohibited equipment, the penalty will be 2 minutes for the Olympic Distance and 1 minute for the Sprint Distance.
- If the athlete attempts to participate in a third event without modifying or removing the prohibited equipment, the athlete will be disqualified and will not be allowed to continue participating.
- These penalties are cumulative since 2014.
REGISTRATION, PACKAGE PICK-UP AND BRIEFINGS
- Olympic: Friday, 15th of November from 4:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m. in the tent of the Organizing Committee.
- Sprint, Children, and Women Beginners: Saturday 16th of November from 4:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m. in the tent of the Organizing Committee.
- In special cases: for Sprint, Children, and Women Beginners categories, participants who cannot attend on Saturday, 16th of November may also pick-up their packages on Friday, 15th of November.
- No packages can be picked up on the day of the event, nor can be collected by any person other than the competitor, nor at any other time than the established schedules.
- The competitor who does not collect his/her package forfeits registration rights.
- All competitors must show an official ID and personally sign the liability release form at the time of package pick-up.
- For minors, a copy of the participant’s ID is needed as well as an ID and signature of his/her parent or guardian.
Mandatory Pre-Race Briefings
OLYMPIC: Friday, 15th of November at 5:00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m.
CHILDREN: Saturday, 16th of November at 5:00 p.m.
WOMEN BEGINNERS: Saturday, 16th of November at 6:00 p.m.
SPRINT: Saturday, 16th of November at 7:00 p.m.
Location: parking lot recovery area.
Transition Zone (ZTR)
- Bicycles will be received in the ZTR on Friday, 15th of November (Olympic) from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, 16th of November (Sprint, Children and Women Beginners) from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Only bicycles will be received. NO helmets, sneakers or any other kind of personal equipment.
- No bicycles will be received on the day of competition. The bicycles will be under safeguard at the ZTR and may be picked up once the event has ended or at a scheduled time set up by the Organizing Committee.
Body marking of competitors will be done both on arms and legs during registration day at the ZTR entrance, before dropping off bicycles. No marking will be done on the day of the Triathlon.
Information available at Triathlete´s Guide
For partial and total timing, you will be using a sensor and timing chip that you’ll place on your ankle during the entire competition. The chip must be returned at the end of the race.
A) Unofficial: can be consulted in the tent designated for that purpose.
B) Official: will be published on the day of the event at 5:00 p.m. at www.triatlonxelha.com, where participants may print their official certificate.
The Mexican Triathlon Federation will appoint judges and their decisions will be final.
Rules and Regulations
The event will observe the current regulations of the FMTRI (Mexican Triathlon Federation).
Unforeseen circumstances not included in the present document will be submitted to the authority of the Organizing Committee.
First aid services
First Aid services will be available during the event. We advise all competitors to get a medical exam before the competition, since each competitor is responsible for their own health and NOT the Organizing Committee. Any special conditions, ailments or medical allergies must be mentioned in your registration form.
|Prize distribution of $100,000 MXN in cash among the Elite categories for both Men and Women.|
|SPRINT AND OLYMPIC CATEGORIES|
|Prize distribution of $30,000 MXN in cash among the five best times in each category for both Men and Women.|
|Place||Men / Women||1st place||$5,000 MXN|
|2nd place||$4,000 MXN|
|3rd place||$3,000 MXN|
|4th place||$2,000 MXN|
|5th place||$1,000 MXN|
| OTHER CATEGORIES |
· Awards for the first three places in each category from the age of 12 (including relays).
· A special raffle of surprise packages (Dolphin Swim or Manatee Encounter, or tickets to Xcaret, Xel-Há or Xplor) for the age 9-15 categories will be held with the participant number.
· For the Children’s category 9-11 years old and Women Beginners ALL FINALISTS ARE WINNERS and will be awarded.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make any changes if it considers that the conditions for the event may affect or jeopardize the physical integrity of the competitors.
|Make the most of the special offer for competitors and add your Xel-Há All Inclusive admission to your registration fee.|
|Xel-Há Admission for Adults*||Xel-Há Admission for Children**|
|$499 MXN||$299 MXN|
|* All Inclusive Admission features food, drinks, snorkeling equipment, towels and locker. DOES NOT include registration for the Triathlon.||** Applies for children between 5 and 11 years with ID. Children under 5 years of age have free admission once they show their ID. Promotional price for the competitor and up to five companions.|
For Further Information
Tel. (984) 875 6008
H. City of Tulum
H. Cozumel Town Hall
Mexican Triathlon Federation
Ministry of Communications and Transport
And to you, dear competitor, because without your participation this event would not be possible.