National Triathlon Championship 2018
Compete in the 10th edition of the Xel-Há Triathlon, which for fifth consecutive year, has been selected by the Mexican Triathlon Federation as venue for the National Triathlon Championship 2018. We are very proud to welcome you to this magnificent event. Register and secure your place!
- Olympic Triathlon date: November 17th, 2018.
- Sprint Triathlon, Children and Women Beginners date: November 18th, 2018.
- City: Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo.
- Location: Xel-Há Park, Federal Highway Chetumal-Puerto Juárez Km 240, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo.
- Host Hotels: Hotel Bahía Príncipe y Hotel Xcaret México.
- Number of competitors: 900 in the Olympic event / 900 in the Sprint, Children and Women Beginners events.
- Categories: Olympic, Sprint, Children and Women Beginners.
- Scheduled starting time: 6:30 a.m. for both November 17th and 18th.
- Special Places: August 8th to 18th.
- Red Cross Benefit Dinner: from August 8th to September 29th.
- General and Women Beginners: from August 21st to September 18th.
Registrations will be held only at the website www.triatlonxelha.com, with payment made by credit card (no service charge).
Important: registration fees are non-transferable and non-refundable. Every registered participant grants the Organizing Committee the right to use his/her name and/or image in any promotional materials relating to the Xel-Há Triathlon 2018.
|Category||Preferred Price (MXN) |
August 22nd - September 4th
|Regular Price (MXN) |
September 5th - 18th
|From 9 to 15 years||$800||$920|
- Commemorative T-shirt (three in relays).
- Finalist medal (three in relays).
- Swimming cap.
- Competitor numbers for the race, bike and helmet.
- Provisions during the course and finish.
- Designated place for your belongings.
- Discounts on admission to Xel-Há for the competitor and up to five companions the day of the event.
- Discounts in shops and optional activities inside Xel-Há for competitors the day of the event.
- Loan of an electronic timing chip.
- Results and finish times posted on www.triatlonxelha.com
Xel-Há Triathlon 2018 will take place on Saturday, November 17th (Olympic Triathlon), and Sunday, November 18th (Sprint Triathlon, Children and Women Beginners).
You can register choosing one of the following options:
b) Red Cross Benefit Dinner
c) Women Beginners
d) Special Places
As in previous years, the amount raised by Triathlon registrations will be donated to Flora, Fauna and Culture of Mexico, A.C., for its environmental conservation programs.
- From August 21st to September 4th, registrations with preferred price.
- From September 5th to 18th, registrations at regular price, until places are sold out.
B) RED CROSS BENEFIT DINNER
Dinner will be held on Sunday, November 18th at Xcaret Park. Limited seating, sign up early!
Your contribution includes (besides competitor benefits):
- The satisfaction of helping the Red Cross of Quintana Roo.
- Guarantee registration for Triathlon Xel-Há 2018 (single).
- Single complimentary admission to Xel-Há All Inclusive for you, and a preferred price for up to five companions the day of the competition (adults $499 MXN, children $299 MXN).
- Deductible tax receipt (in case you need it).
If you would like a companion to attend the Benefit Dinner with you, the cost is $1,000 MXN per person. This invitation is optional and does not include registration for the Triathlon.
*The cost of the dinner does not include FMTRI (Mexican Triathlon Federation) membership.
C) WOMEN BEGINNERS
This category is exclusively for women who have always dreamed of completing a triathlon and want to learn the basics to get started in this sport.
The entry fee includes:
- Registration for the triathlon in the Women Beginners category.
- Online training program for six weeks.
- Weekly advice articles that include instructions necessary to live a great day at the Triathlon.
- You must be a woman and have never competed in a triathlon.
- Have performed the online training (indispensable).
There is limited space for this category, so register in advance and do not miss your place!
More information: email@example.com
The registration fee does not include FMTRI (Mexican Triathlon Federation) membership.
D) SPECIAL PLACES
From August 8th to 18th you can register directly for the Triathlon, if you are one of the following athletes:
- One of the first three places in each category at Xel-Há Triathlon 2017.
- One of the first three places in the National Triathlon Circuit 2017.
- 2018 National Circuit competitors who have qualified for the Gold Coast Australia 2018 Triathlon.
Qualifying events: Huatulco, Chetumal, Teques, Veracruz, Cozumel, Acapulco, San Luis Potosí, Xel-Há, Merida, Manzanillo, Palenque, La Paz, Monterrey, Valle de Bravo, Isla de Tris, Ixtapa and Mazatlan.
All these Special Places can secure their place in the event, providing they register within the corresponding dates. A week before the opening of registration, we will send you an email with a link so you can sign up directly.
|9-11 years old||IA||IN||150 m||4 km||1 km|
|12 and 13 years old||IB||IO||300 m||8 km||1.5 km|
|14 and 15 years old||IC||IP||400 m||10 km||2.5 km|
|Maximum Bicycle Performance|
|9, 10 and 11 years old||6.00 m|
|12 and 13 years old||6.70 m|
|14 and 15 years old||7.00 m|
|Women Beginners Triathlon|
|Women Beginners||400 m||10 km||2.5 km|
|16 and 17 years old||JV||JF||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|18 - 24 years old (College)||SA||SN||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|25 - 29 yeras old||SB||SW||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|30 - 34 years old||SC||SP||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|35 - 39 years old||SD||SQ||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|40 - 44 years old||SE||SR||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|45 - 49 years old||SF||SS||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|50 - 54 years old||SG||ST||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|55 - 59 years old||SI||SV||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|60 - 64 years old||SH||SU||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|65 and older||SW||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|65 - 69 years old||SJ||SW||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|75 years and older||SK||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|Relay SR1 (Mixed)||SR2||SR3||750 m||20 km||5 km|
|18-24 years old (College )||A||N||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|25 - 29 years old||B||O||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|30 - 34 years old||C||P||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|35 - 39 years old||D||Q||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|40 - 44 years old||E||R||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|45 - 49 years old||F||S||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|50 - 54 years old||G||T||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|55 - 59 years old||H||U||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|60 - 64 years old||I||V||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|65 - 69 years old||J||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|70 - 74 years old||K||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|75 - 79 years old||L||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|80 years and older||M||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|Relay R1 (Mixed)||R2||R3||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|Elite and Sub 23 Triathlon|
|Elite Sub 23||X 23||Y 23||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
|Elite||X||Y||1,500 m||40 km||10 km|
All OLYMPIC AND SPRINT relay members must be at least 16 years of age and must present an official ID before receiving the Triathlon package. The birth date determining the age of the competitor is December 31st, 2018.
MEMBERSHIP IN THE MEXICAN TRIATHLON FEDERATION (FMTRI)
To participate in the event, it’s mandatory that you're affiliated with the Mexican Triathlon Federation during the year. Thus, it’s required to have your membership current, otherwise payment can be made at www.triatlon.com The membership is valid until December 31st, 2018.
Benefits of Membership
- Accident insurance that protects you during training and competitions.
- When receiving the hologram during the National Triathlon Circuit events you will receive the Triathlete Magazine and an FMTRI T-shirt at the Federation module.
EVENTS WITH DRAFTING ALLOWED FOR AGE GROUPS AND ELITES
The following Rules and Regulations apply:
1. Drafting with Elite athletes is not allowed.
2. Athletes that are circulating in the same group that are not in the same return of the cyclist segment are not allowed to draft.
3. Elite athletes are allowed to draft amongst themselves.
4.It is not allowed for age-groups to draft with the Elite category.
For events with drafting, permitted bicycles must have the following characteristics:
- The frame of the bicycle must be of a traditional shape and style, i.e. made up of two triangles.
- A main triangle of three straight or tapered tubular elements which may be round, oval, or flattened, and another triangle at the rear.
- The wheels must have a diameter between 55 cm minimum and 70 cm maximum, including tires.
- Both wheels must be of the same diameter.
- The wheels must have at least 16 metal spokes for the Elite and 12 for the age groups.
- The spokes can be round, flattened or oval, provided their width does not exceed 2.4 mm.
- Wheels that do not meet the above requirements will be allowed to be used as long as they are included in the UCI list of non-standard wheels
- The use of blades or discs is prohibited.
Handlebars and aerobars
- Traditional cycling handlebars with a downward curve are permitted.
- Aerobars are allowed provided they do not exceed the imaginary line of the brake levers.
- There must be no free space between the left and right sides of the aerobars at their farthest point.
- Aerobars that point forward must be united at their farthest point by a bridge made of the same material.
- The brake levers must be placed on the handles, not the aerobar.
- Water bottles should never be placed on the aerobar.
The penalties for not meeting the above requirements are:
- For the first event in which prohibited equipment is used, one (1) penalty minute of the athlete’s total time will be added for the Olympic Distance and 30 seconds will be added for the Sprint Distance.
- If the athlete participates in a second event with prohibited equipment, the penalty will be 2 minutes for the Olympic Distance and 1 minute for the Sprint Distance.
- If the athlete attempts to participate in a third event without modifying or removing the prohibited equipment, the athlete will be disqualified and will not be allowed to continue participating.
- These penalties are cumulative since 2014.
- Bicycles with disc brakes are not allowed.
REGISTRATION, PACKAGE PICKUP AND BRIEFINGS
- Olympic: Friday, November 16th from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the tent of the Organizing Committee.
- Sprint, Children, and Women Beginners: Saturday, November 17th from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the tent of the Organizing Committee
- In special cases for Sprint, Children, and Women Beginners categories, participants who can not attend on Saturday 17th, may also pick up their packages on Friday, November 16th.
- No packages can be picked up on the day of the event, nor can be collected by any person other than the competitor, nor at any other time than the established schedules.
- The competitor who does not collect his/her package forfeits registration rights
- All competitors must show an official ID and personally sign the liability release form at the time of package pick-up.
- For minors, a copy of the participant’s ID is needed as well as an ID and signature of his/her parent or guardian.
Mandatory Pre-Race Briefings
OLYMPIC: Friday, November 16th at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
CHILDREN: Saturday, November 17th at 5:00 p.m.
WOMEN BEGINNERS: Saturday, November 17th at 6:00 p.m.
SPRINT: Saturday, November 17th at 7:00 p.m.
Location: parking lot recovery area.
Transition Zone (ZTR)
- Bicycles will be received in the ZTR on Friday November 16th (Olympic) from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday November 17th (Sprint, Children and Women Beginners) from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Only bicycles will be received. NO helmets, sneakers or any other kind of personal equipment.
- No bicycles will be received on the day of competition. The bicycles will be under safeguard at the ZTR and may be picked-up once the event has ended or at a scheduled time set up by the Organizing Committee.
Body marking of competitors will be done both on arms and legs during registration day at the ZTR entrance, before dropping off bicycles. No marking will be done on the day of the Triathlon.
Information available at www.triatlonxelha.com
For partial and total timing, you will be using a sensor and timing chip that you’ll place on your ankle during the entire competition. The chip must be returned at the end of the race.
a) Unofficial: can be consulted in the tent designated for that purpose.
b) Official: published on the day of the event at 5:00 p.m. at www.triatlonxelha.com, where participants may print their official certificate.
The Mexican Triathlon Federation will appoint judges and their decisions will be final.
Rules and Regulations
The event will observe the current regulations of the FMTRI (Mexican Triathlon Federation).
Unforeseen circumstances not included in the present document will be submitted to the authority of the Organizing Committee.
FIRST AID SERVICES
First Aid services will be available during the event. We advise all competitors to get a medical exam before the competition, as they alone, and NOT the Organizing Committee, are responsible for their health. Any special conditions, ailments or medical allergies must be mentioned in your registration form.
|ELITE CATEGORY||SPRINT AND OLYMPIC CATEGORIES|
|Prize distribution of $100,000 MXN in cash among the Elite categories for both Men and Women.||Prize distribution of $30,000 MXN in cash among the five best times in each category for both Men and Women.|
|Place||Men / Women||1st place||$5,000 MXN|
|2nd place||$4,000 MXN|
|3rd place||$3,000 MXN|
|4th place||$2,000 MXN|
|5th place||$1,000 MXN|
|· Awards for the first three places in each category from the age of 12 (including relays). |
· A special raffle of surprise packages (Dolphin Swim or Manatee Encounter, or tickets to Xcaret, Xel-Há or Xplor) for the age 9-15 categories with participant number.
· For the Children’s category 9-11 years old and Women Beginners ALL FINALISTS ARE WINNERS and will be awarded.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make any changes if it considers that the conditions for the event may affect or jeopardize the physical integrity of the competitors.
|Make the most of the special offer for competitors and add your Xel-Há All Inclusive admission to your registration fee.|
|Xel-Há Admission* Adult||Xel-Há Admission* Children **|
|$499 MXN||$299 MXN|
|* All Inclusive Admission features food, drinks, snorkeling equipment, towels and locker. DOES NOT include registration for the Triathlon.||** Applies for children between 5 and 11 years with ID. Children under 5 have free admission with ID. Promotional price for the competitor and up to five companions.|
H. City of Tulum
H. Ayuntamiento de Cozumel
Mexican Triathlon Federation
Ministry of Communications and Transport
And to you, dear competitor, because without your participation this event would not be possible.