Sustainability and ecological awareness
Being unique in sustainable tourism recreation is a part of the vision that guides the actions of the Xel-Há park. Therefore, we join the initiative of the Mexican Triathlon Federation (FMTRI) to promote the Triathlon as a Green Sport, whose objective is to create awareness about the proper use of resources with a sustainable vision.
The eleventh edition of the Xel-Há Triathlon includes various actions aimed at taking care of the environment and taking part in practices that the participants can do to help keep the planet safe and clean.
Some of them include:
- Use of chemical free sunscreen and sunblock.
- Separating inorganic waste to be recycled.
- Collection of bicycle inner tubes to give them a second use.
- Use of organic waste for composting, which is used as fertilizer in green areas.
- Use of biodegradable materials and products to help keep the environment clean (e.g. cleaning products free of chemicals and recyclable materials).
- Reducing the use of printers and paper.
- Collecting swimming caps to donate them to schools.
- Full donation of the Xel-Há Triathlon registration fees which are provided towards Flora, Fauna and Culture of Mexico, A.C.
- Integrating the community (volunteers) for the organization of the event, promoting good environmental practices, as well as motivating the young community to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintenance of roads, cleaning and collecting more than 20 tons of waste.
The Xel-Há park, with the certification of the Triathlon Association of the state of Quintana Roo, in coordination with the Commission for Youth and Sports of Quintana Roo, the Institute of Youth and Sports of the Municipality of Tulum and Cozumel, in addition to sponsors and the Mexican Triathlon Federation, invite you to be part of this sporting event.
Visit us at the Triathlon Green Sport stand!