To be unique in sustainable tourist entertainment, is the vision that guides the actions of Xel-Há park. Therefore, we join the initiative presented by the Mexican Triathlon Federation (FMTRI) to promote the Triathlon as a Green Sport, which aims to raise community awareness about the proper use of resources with a sustainable vision.
The tenth edition of Xel-Há Triathlon covers various activities aimed at protecting the environment and dissemination of good practice among competitors. Some of them are:
- Use of chemical-free sun blocks.
- Separation of inorganic waste for recycling.
- Bicycle inner tubes recollected to give them a second use.
- Use of organic waste for compost production such as fertilizer for the green areas.
- Use of biodegradable materials (cleaning products free of chemicals and recycled materials).
- Reduced and substituted use of printed communication with electronic alternatives.
- Swim caps recollected and donated to schools.
- Registration fees granted in full to Flora, Fauna and Culture of Mexico, A.C.
- Integration of the community (volunteers) in the organization of the event, promoting good environmental practices as well as the sport among young people.
- Rehabilitation of roads, cleaning and collecting more than 20 tons of waste.
Xel-Há Hidden Wonder, backed by the Triathlon Association of the State of Quintana Roo, in coordination with the Commission for Youth and Sport of Quintana Roo, the Institute of Youth and Sport of the Municipality of Tulum and Cozumel, as well as sponsors and the Mexican Triathlon Federation, invite you to be part of one of this sports’ best events.
Visit us at the Triathlon Green Sport module!